Thursday 6 October 2011

Adam's Pain For Gain

It was a case of pain for gain as Adam Daley boosted Giving World by almost £300 by taking part in a half marathon.

Adam, who is Fundraising and Income Generation Officer at Giving World’s headquarters, Burleys Way, took part in The Great Kibworth Run.

He managed to raise a fantastic £ 228.13 in sponsorship which was boosted by Gift Aid of £54.53 which gave a grand a total of £282.56.

He said: “I wanted to finish the run in under two hours ten minutes and as I was getting close to the finish line I knew it was tight.

“Somehow I found a late burst of energy and sprinted the last fifty metres.

“It hurt a lot the next morning, but had I not sprinted those last yards I would not have reached my target time. I beat my target by a minute.

“At the end I felt exhausted, was tight for breath but I was very satisfied with my efforts and delighted to have raised so much in sponsorship for a good cause.

Unbowed by his first half marathon, Adam is now planning a sea swim from Padstow to Rock in Cornwall.

Adam added: “I decided to raise money for Giving World because it's a really great charity that I've come to know and believe in.

“They do some fantastic work and I've been fortunate enough to witness some of it first hand.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment